I. What is Personal Data?
We may collect your Personal Data provided by you when interacting with us when, for example; navigating through our Website, calling us, or staying at our hotel. We may also collect personal data about you in other instances which relate to your stay at Sindhorn Midtown.
II. When does the Personal Data have been stored and processed? And for what reason?
1. Use of the Website
Whenever you navigate our Website, data about you is collected and processed. We collect the following data:
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our website
- IP address
- Country you are browsing from
- Browsing behavior of the information within the website
The data is collected through the session cookies that we use on our Website. Session cookies allow you to be recognized within a website, any activities you do are remembered by session cookies. You can adjust your session cookies through the setting feature of your browser.
We may use your Personal Data to improve website performance, create marketing plan including analyze data usage.
2. Interacting with us
Every time you interact with us (e.g. booking a room through our Website, by phone or through a third-party provider, or signing up for our newsletter) we may collect and process the Personal Data you provide to us.
a. Booking a room
When you book a room, we collect Personal Data, which includes the following but not limited to:
- Your selected dates
- Number of rooms in the reservation
- Number of people in the reservation (adults and children)
- Age of children
- The rate/special offer selected
- Any add-on packages selected
- Your full name
- Your address, including city and country
- Your email address, and
- Your credit card details
- Frequent flyer information
- Arrival information
- Room, bed type and/or other preferences
We use this Personal Data to handle your reservation and to provide services you request. This includes verifying your identity, taking guarantee and/or payment information, and sending stay-related and/or marketing communication.
We take the protection of your Personal Data very seriously and therefore have kept the mandatory required fields to a minimum.
b. Newsletter and special offers
If you provide your contact information to us (e.g. when booking a service with us or when signing up for our newsletter via our Website), we may use this Personal Data to send you our newsletters and details of other special offers which may be of interest to you, based on previous interactions with us.
If you sign up for our newsletter via our Website, you are required to provide your name, last name, and email address. Any additional information is voluntary and will be used solely for a personalization of the newsletter.
By providing your email address, you consent to receive our newsletter. You can revoke your consent and opt-out of receiving the newsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in every newsletter. For any further objections, kindly address the contact stated at the end of this policy.
c. “Contact us and Talk to us” functionality
You can get in contact with us via our Website by using the “Contact us and Talk to us” functionality, or by telephone. To contact us you are required to provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number, and
- Your inquiry
We use your provided information to reply to your inquiry.
3. Processing of Personal Data to personalize your stay at Sindhorn Midtown
We may collect and process Personal Data about you, if it is relevant for your stay at Sindhorn Midtown or if it is in your interest. We may collect and process certain additional data to personalize your stay upon your express request and consent.
Providing you the best experience for your stay at our hotel, we may send you emails before and after your stay requesting for your guest profiles, your special events (e.g. birthday or anniversary), flight details for airport transfer, any room preferences and interests. This is an optional service; you may choose not to provide us the above information.
The Personal Data we collect is limited to information we have gained from you personally or by hotel personnel during your stay at the hotel and to information which is relevant for the stay at a Sindhorn Midtown (e.g. preferences to rooms, beds, food, and wine if obtained at the hotel). We do not undertake any additional research on you in this case, in particular; no research on social media or the internet.
You may withdraw your consent at any time for the future by contacting us under the details of the contact.
III. Sharing Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be shared:
- Within Sindhorn Midtown, including our staff and personnel, to establish and fulfill our contract with you or to the extent you consented to such sharing of data, for example. This includes verifying your identity, taking payments getting in contact and communicating with you.
- With our commercial partners in the event that you book an event or an activity organized by such commercial partners.
- With our third-party service providers who process your data on our behalf. The service providers will delete Personal Data of guest 60 days after check-out date.
- With local authorities, in case it is required by laws or as a part of an inquiry in accordance with local regulations
We will not transfer your personal data to third-party recipients unless you consent to such transfer of data or such transfer is permitted under applicable law.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website:
- On the website, other than the necessary cookies:
- Google Analytics (Analytics cookies)
- Google Ads (Advertising cookies)
- On the booking engine:
- Google Analytics (Analytics cookies)
- Google Ads (Advertising cookies)
- Floodlight (Advertising cookies)
V. Google Analytics
Our Website uses Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service provided by the third-party provider Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics is used for the purpose of evaluating your use of our Website, compiling reports on Website activity and other services relating to Website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This transfer is covered by Google’s Privacy Shield certification and a separate data processing agreement that we have concluded with Google:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de&ref_topic=2919631 (information on Google Analytics and data privacy).
VI. Your Rights
In respect of the collection and use of your personal data, you may:
- withdraw your consent at any time
- ask us whether we process Personal Data about you, for which purposes, the categories of Personal Data concerned, to which categories of recipients the information has been disclosed, where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored (or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period),
- inquire with us about the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer to a third party,
ask us for a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing and ask to receive your Personal Data. We guarantee that no unauthorized persons are able to have access either to your profile or to your reservations,
- have inaccurate data rectified,
- object against the further processing and request erasure of your Personal Data,
- request that the processing of your personal data is restricted by Sindhorn Midtown,
- request not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you have any further questions on your personal data which has been stored with us or would like to exercise your rights, please refer to our Data Protection Manager via the contact details stated below.
VII. Retention and deletion of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data only for a limited period of time needed to fulfill the purposes of processing mentioned above. After that time your personal data will be erased. If we process your personal data based on your consent, we will retain your personal data for a limited period of time needed to fulfill the purposes of processing it.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in the future.
In other cases, we may retain data for an appropriate period after any relationship with you ends.
IX. Who is the contact person for questions and/or problems relating to the data protection?
Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.